Thursday, August 9, 2012

Welcome to Thrifty Thursday!

Happy Thursday everybody!!  I wanted to include some thriftiness in my blog posting to help us all be a little more frugal and faithful with what God has brought into our lives!
Andy and I got to spend the day together on Saturday which is rare and we took little Benjamin with us to enjoy a little "only child" time.  Our first stop was the local thrift store!  Here's what we found:
Very good friends of ours that are like grandparents to the boys gave Eli an electric bass guitar that he's teaching himself how to play.  We found this book for 3.00!
Pretty apothacary jars.  I have my eyes on a buffet from IKEA that I'd like to decorate with these pretty jars. 

Here is some of the inspiration I found:

The jars were 1.00 each.  
We also picked up this cute little bedside table for 20.00

and this IKEA headboard for 10.00

We're going to sand them both and paint them black for Isaiah's room!
We also picked up a black and decker electric sander for $5.00 - perfect to use on the furniture!
In all we spent $40.00!  I'm pretty happy with our little haul.  When you take the time to look around you can find some really amazing deals - especially if you're willing to put in a little elbow grease!  
The thing you have to be careful about with thrift stores and garage sales is you can't buy things "just because its a good deal" or you'll end up with alot of stuff with no use and before long you'll be featured on an episode of hoarders - LOL!
I'll post pics of the furniture once we're done refinishing it!
I hope this inspires you to spend a Saturday thrifting!  Have a list and a budget and head out in your neighborhood to see what you can find to upcycle!
Let me know what you find!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover