Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cards, Cards, Everywhere There's Cards!

I've been so excited lately because I finally decided to take a photo box of my cards to the hospital to leave in the staff room in case anyone would like to buy them.  I have sold quite a few there and so I decided I would also take a box to the bank and do the same thing with them - they have gone like hotcakes!  In fact, the girls there phoned here on Friday to tell Andy that I was out of Sympathy cards because they had bought the last of them!!!  Since everyone seemed to like them, I also took them around to a few different businesses in town to see if anyone would like to sell them.  About a week later, the jewelry store in town phoned and the owner asked me to bring them in so she could have a look.  I packaged them all up and took them over on a nice card display rack and she took 90 of them!!!  I was sooooo pleased and excited.  People have been so sweet with the feedback and comments I've recived!  It has really given me the kick in the pants I needed to go out there and market my craft!
As a result, I've been frantically working on sympathy cards b/c I don't have alot of extra ones around - in fact, none, now that I've taken them to these 3 places!  So, for the next few days, I'll be showing you some of the cards I've been making to fill that gap. 
Here is the first one: 
This is just a really simple quick card with a few layers but I didn't want to take away from the quote on the front which I just LOVE:  In times I can't seem to find God, I rest in the assurance He knows how to find me.  Isn't that comforting!  I love that!   Whether it be the loss of a loved one, a job, financial stress, loss of a relationship, etc.  We as humans often struggle to understand God's unfathomable love for us.  Though the struggles will continue to come, we can rest in the fact that God knows exactly where we are, exactly what we're going through and continues to love and take care of us!
I hope that serves as a reminder for you today.  No matter what life brings your way, you can trust in the fact that God has his eye on you!
Be blessed!

Details:  C/s:  bazzill; dp:  heidi grace; ink:  SU crushed curry, india ink black; ribbon:  my stash!
Pin It

1 comment:

 
Pin It button on image hover