Thursday, December 31, 2009

Friendship

One of my friends is going through a really difficult time right now.  One of those times when God calls us to an Isaac experience.  Man, it is so hard to understand why a loving God asks us to sacrifice things we love with no explanation.  If you're unfamiliar with the Isaac story, you can read it HERE
While my heart aches for the pain she feels I am also filled with such a sense of pride & admiration for her, and expectation for what God has planned for her.  I'm sure that this is the same feeling God has when He sees our obedience to his voice despite what it costs us.
I pulled this card out of my box and thought it was perfect for her:
IMG_6618  The inside reads:  ...no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived the things that God has prepared for those that love Him!
I can't take full credit since I cased this card a LONG time ago from someone on SCS (I'm sorry I don't recall who it was).  I did change a few things though, I added some cinamon stickles to the dark brown flowers, some orange peel stickles to the pumpin flowers, and used my gold spica pen to add a bit of glimmer to the mustard flowers and the centers of the brown flowers.  I used it very sparingly since I didn't want it to be too glitzy but the card is so serene that I thought the hint of sparkle was representative of the good things God has in store for her! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover