Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wild Thing...and I'm not talking about animals!

I have an extensive collection of Rubber Romance Stamps (along with many others - LOL).  I have been trying to be reallllllly good with my stamping dollars since I really do have a large collection of things that I need to use up and use more often but...oh the famous "but".  The moment when you see that card that pushes you right over the edge to shopping oblivion.  COME ON!  I KNOW you totally know what I mean!!!
So, having tried to share my guilt, I splurged on some of the new RR images - you'll be seeing them over the next little while.  The thing I love about these images is that they are a fairly big (sometimes making it a challenge to fit them on the front of a card with anything else) but it makes them soooo fun to color.  Last night I stamped them all out on some PTI white cardstock and took them upstairs with my prismacolor pencils (which are on sale for 75% off in the Pretties' Boutique) and coooolllllooooorrrred to my hearts content while I watched my favorite shows on TV.  Did I ever tell you that that is one of my favorite things to do? 
Anywho, here is the finished product - the 1st of many over the next while:
IMG_6645 This was so fun to make!  After I stamped the main image, I stamped the sentiment (from Verve) in Regal Rose in the center of the heart.  Knowing this had to be glitzy I got out my Gelly Roll pen that just happens to match this color perfectly!  I used it to draw a line around the inside of the heart, color her earrings and head band.  Now you KNOW that wasn't enough with the glitz so I got out my black spica pen and colored her dress and shoes with it.  Then I picked up this AMAZING Chatterbox flocked paper from Emma's Paperie (did I mention I love it there too?)  The main card is Bazzill Black c/s (also on sale in the PP Boutique), there are pink swarovski crystals (hate the plastic ones that don't sparkle) in the corners that I cut out with my convex corner rounder and some white organdy ribbon with black dots that I got at Mike's forever ago.  Bada Bing, Bada Boom! 
Hope you like my glitzy card! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover