Thursday, December 31, 2009

Look Ma, No Ribbon

Okay, I'm seriously just about done with all of these images that I stamped and colored a couple of weeks ago.   I just can't stand to have them sitting here, all colored and not be used!!!  As soon as I'm done with these you'll be seeing a BUNCH of Pretties' cards.  My poor Pretties' have been neglected while I have played with some new friends but I'm going to be pulling them out - stamping like a mad woman and enjoying another night of coloring a whole bunch of images - all Pretties!!!
Okay, onto the card.  I ordered this paper by Autumn Leaves.  I loved the "groovy" pattern and the colors were bright and fun and guess what - I discovered a new color combination!  Okay, maybe its just new to me but I LOVE it.  Seriously, no SERIOUSLY, you have to go take these papers out and lay them on your desk together to get the full impact of how pretty these are together!
Ruby Red, Baja Breeze, and Bazzill Lizard.  OMGOSH - so yummy and pretty.  Lizard is in between Celery and Kiwi Kiss  - not as pastel as celery but not as bright as kiwi - I LOVE lizard!
Here's my card:
IMG_6738 This is another Rubber Romace image.  This sentiment from Stamping Bella was perfect for it, I thought!  I drew the two black lines on either side of the sentiment to mimic the opposite side of the card.  It seemed a little empty and those lines really made a difference.  The opposite ones were not straight or of equal length so I purposely did the same - unequal and not the same lengths - YIKES - WAYYYYY out of the box for me!  LOL!  The acetate flower is Heidi Swapp, the orange plastic one is American Crafts and the brad - um, its from my stash!
I colored the image with my prismacolor pencils (on sale for 75% off in thePretties' Boutique) and gamsol. And look NO ribbon - amazing!  I LOVE ribbon... and paper, and brads and stamps, and ink and okay, nevermind!!
Anyway, I LOVE this color combo sooooo much that I've decided to give away some blog candy!!  I'll be giving away this new set from Gina K as well as some Bella Baubles and some Yummy Crate Paper Ribbon!!  So, here's the catch - I want to see YOU make a card with this color combo!  So, leave me a comment with a link to your card made with this color combo and I'll pick a winner for the blog candy on Sunday! (you can use celery or kiwi if you don't have Lizard (but it just won't be the same - LOL)
I can't WAIT to see what you come up with - and yes, Prettie Girls, you can play too!! *wink* Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover