Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Little Inspiration

Here's a little inspiration for your day.  I made this card really quick this am while I got the boys to watch Beauty and the Beast for like 5 seconds - LOL!

All the card stock is Stampin Up (SU) as well as the ink!  The inspiration came from the "ways to use it" challenge on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS).  The card is Bashful blue stamped with the same color ink with the fine lace background stamp - only the 2nd time I have used this pretty bkgd stamp.  The next layer is sahara sand.  I used the paper peircing template and my 1/8" hole punch to create the punched border and then I just snipped in the middle of each hole with my paper snips.  (A tutorial on this today!)  I stamped it with french script bkgd stamp in sahara sand, and sponged the edges with close to cocoa using a dauber.  Then I distressed the outside edge and crinkled up the punched edge.  The main image is Perrenial friendship stamps set.  Stamped in Basic brown on white.  I used the blender pen (as always) to water color the flowers and used markers to highlight.  I used the 1/16" hole punch to punch a small hole on each side of the stems of the tulips and threaded ivory 3/8" organdy ribbon  - I thought the ivory kind of gave it a tea-died look and (its hard to see in the pic) linen thread and tied them around the stems.  Used my heat gun to crinkle the organdy (be careful, it melts quick).  Next I sponged cocoa with a dauber around the main image.  Finally I added the hodgepodge in aged copper and Voila!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover